Utilita - Warm Home Discount - Applications open from 11th August 2021 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Utilita - Warm Home Discount - Applications open from 11th August 2021

Options
MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Just thought I’d let you know that the Utilita warm home discount for 2021/22 for the broader group opens on the 11th August 2021. 

If you fall into the core group you are automatically entitled and do not need to apply. 

Applications for the broader group are open for 1 week, after this time you won’t be able to apply. 

You can apply through the Utilita app and through their website. 

In terms of other providers I have no idea when they open their applications, but you should be able to find out on their websites and often you can input your email address or mobile telephone number and they will inform you when they are starting their applications. 
Tagged:

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I read on here that the WHD ended last year?  :|

Just checked my supplier (Eon) and they have a button to register interest for this years WHD so looks like it is still going.  :)
  • MarkM88
    Options
    I believe it has been extended for another year, however I don’t know if it will be extended any further. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It was planned to end last year (2020/21) but has been extended for the current year 2021/22, it's worth contacting your supplier now and expressing your interest in claiming, 

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

The link states that the scheme opens on Oct.18th this year.

Also worth mentioning that the "green home scheme" which ended on 31st March is now being run by your local council.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    Options
    woodbine said:
    The link states that the scheme opens on Oct.18th this year.

I'm assuming a lot of providers, for example Utilita, must ask for applications before then so they have time to process them?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We don't qualify now but did from year one until last year, we usually contacted our supplier in August.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    Options
    Yeah sounds like what Utilita are doing and then going to process them ready for payments to be made from Dec 2021 to March 2022. 

I hope it goes as smoothly as previous years as I was with British Gas but moved this year when I moved home. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.