Heres my movie collection, blurays, dvds, feel free to share your own collections — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heres my movie collection, blurays, dvds, feel free to share your own collections

Options
Grinchy
Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,851 Disability Gamechanger
edited July 2023 in Coffee lounge
As well as a collection of star wars memorabilia, i also like to collect films on DVD and Bluray, i have a large collection, the main cabinet is in the living room and thats the bluray collection, on the landing i have shelving for my DVDs, i'm not sure how many i own but its a lot, across various genres, i also stream movies on amazon and netflix, but prefer a physical copy 

Tagged:

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 539 Pioneering
    Options
    Thats a nice collection, unfortunatley since I do everything on my computer I sold all my DVD's. The only boxset I have and have loved since I was a kid is the X-Files. I refuse to sell that.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Grinchy
    Options
    i also like to collect steelbooks, these are blurays and dvds in fancy metal packaging, i've been lucky to trade with other collectors for a few of these

• Grinchy
    Options
    Hey @rubin16, i've been looking for a decent x files set, they can be pricey for a full set, glad you kept hold of yours, dvds have plummeted in value over the last couple of years, my local charity store does ten for a pound! needless to say i've had plenty from them, 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 539 Pioneering
    Options
    Yeah they were very pricey but a good investment, I've had them for for about 12 years and have moments now and then where I binge watch them.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Grinchy
    Options
    @rubin16 when i'm feeling rough or in pain i generally throw on a box set, working my way through the walking dead and big bang theory, both great for taking your mind off stuff
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very impressive collection you have there...Nice mix of genres as well! What would you say is your favourite (apart from Star Wars)?
  • Grinchy
    Options
    hard to choose, i love me some Star trek to, love action adventure, comedys, including monty python, richard pryor, chevy chase etc etc
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Options
    Grinchy said:
    As well as a collection of star wars memorabilia, i also like to collect films on DVD and Bluray, i have a large collection, the main cabinet is in the living room and thats the bluray collection, on the landing i have shelving for my DVDs, i'm not sure how many i own but its a lot, across various genres, i also stream movies on amazon and netflix, but prefer a physical copy 

Good collection! 

Mine's a combination of VHS original tapes and DVD'S.

Plus American comics, books,etc,going back as far as 1940s  

• Grinchy
    Options
    That sounds like a cool collection, would love to see it ,thanks for posting
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Well i recently got these in, love tim burton films, and these eight are a great set, comprised of peewees big adventure (which i haven't seen in years) batman and batman returns, mars attacks, corpse bride, sweeney todd, a big family favourite! beetlejuice another favourite! and finally charlie and the chocalate factory, also got a muppets steelbook, steelbooks are metal cases with nice artwork and a bluray inside, and finally underworld and terminator!
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Here are a few more recent trades i did for my artwork,

• greatdanemia
    greatdanemia Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    A complete box set of Game of thrones would fit nicely on a 1TB
    drive. K
  • Grinchy
    Options
    I have a few seasons on bluray I need to make time to sit and watch, a 1 terabyte USB, that's a space saver
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fab collection 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thanks @lisathomas50, appreciate it, i sold a couple of my spare blurays so i could get some new ones, well new to me anyway, picked up this bluray set of the underworld movies, 4 of them anyway, they have Italian covers but the menus etc are in english, best part it was just over a fiver delivered, i do love a bargain

• Grinchy
    Options
    i managed to do a trade on some artwork i produced, got a few blurays in return, star trek the original series the complete series

heres the inner discs

should keep me busy for a while!
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thought i would group all my middle earth discs together for a pic, love Peter Jackson and his take on the story's, very entertaining, most of these are the extended editions and run about 3 hours for each disc plus loads of special features, very interesting

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello 

It's very good. I put my DVD, music CDS, Nintendo DS Games, DVD Boxsets and Videos in Alphabetical and Numerical order. I do put my DVD boxsets in Alphabetical and size order. 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Cheers folks,
    @chloeknight16071992, your collection sounds good, i just have mine thrown together any old way,  whatever floats your boat, would love to see your collection

I have a soft spot for Dr Who, and have a few dvds and blurays covering the modern era, love David Tennant, the other modern ones not so much, but they all have something to offer
    I recently picked up these two older releases, The Jon Pertwee season 8 set

its a great set with loads of behind the scenes info in it, also got this Tom Baker set

love Tom, who was your dr growing up, mine was mostly Tom and Sylvester, love them both

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.