How can my friend get help with prove of the dyslexia and how it affects them? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can my friend get help with prove of the dyslexia and how it affects them?

Options
bart70
bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have a friend who suffers from severe Dyslexia 
also depression and anxiety. Where can she go to get help with prove of the dyslexia and how it affects them? For example they can’t read or process letters. They have to use a green overlay to read. And so on. I went through the pip questions with them and they score 16 points on the daily living but how do we back up with evidence? They do receive help at collage as they doing adult learning. 

Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I would say some sort of statement from the college assistance would be useful as evidence for reading difficulty. 

Though the main evidence will come from their own examples, explaining why they can't do a certain task and the help that they need for it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.