LCWRA - Will I get extra money and when will my first payment be? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA - Will I get extra money and when will my first payment be?

Options
amyflood245
amyflood245 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I have just received a letter to say that I have limited capability for work and work related activity, it says on the letter that I ‘MAY’ be entitled to extra money but I thought that the extra money was guaranteed if I qualified for the LCWRA element? 

Also if I sent my first sick note in on the 15th June will I get the first payment when my universal credits is due on the 14th September or because of the extra day will it be October’s payment thats I get it on? Also will I get the 3 months back paid? 

Thank you 
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you have LCWRA then the LCWRA element will be included in the calculation of your maximum UC entitlement.
    If you are paid on the 14th that means your UC periods are 8th to 7th each month.
    You say you provided Fit Note details on 15th June. Is this the first day you informed UC you have a health condition or had you done that on 8th June?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • amyflood245
    Options
    I informed them of my health condition on the 8th June 
  • calcotti
    edited August 2021
    Options
    In that case you are entitled to the LCWRA element with your 8th Sept to 7th October payment which will be made on 14th October.
    The LCWRA element is not payable for the first three months June-July, July-Aug and Aug-Sept.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news you have been awarded 

You won't get the 3 month waiting period as backpay as there is no entitlement for the first 3 months 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @amyflood245

That's good to hear!  Just to let you know, I've amended your thread title to help others spot what your questions were about.  Please let us know if we can of any more help.

Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • amyflood245
    Options
    I didn’t even have to go for a work capability assessment is this normal? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I didn’t even have to go for a work capability assessment is this normal? 
    Sounds like they did a paper based assessment. 
  • amyflood245
    Options
    What’s a paper based assessment? Sorry I’m new to all of this 
  • calcotti
    edited August 2021
    Options
    It means they made a decision based on the paperwork.
  • amyflood245
    Options
    It doesn’t say on the letter how long I’m awarded it for so what does this mean? How often will I be reviewed? 
  • amyflood245
    Options
    Also if my PIP stops will my LCWRA be affected? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @amyflood245

Answered on your new thread 
  • calcotti
    Options
    It doesn’t say on the letter how long I’m awarded it for so what does this mean? How often will I be reviewed? 
    A WCA decision continues until such time as another decision is made. DWP will have made a note of when they expect to carry out a review but do not include this in the decision letter because the review can be carried out at any time.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.