Hi there! Stress at work is my issue — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi there! Stress at work is my issue

Options
Hugo51
Hugo51 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
edited August 2021 in Work and employment
Hi there, I’m Hugo51, new member here, I have hidden disabilities, Depression, Stress and anxiety etc 
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Hugo51 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry for the difficulties you face, but you will find many of members face the same struggles with depression & anxiety, so will have some understanding. Please join in with any discussions of interest. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Hugo51 :) It's great to have you with us!

As chiarieds has said, we have many members who experience depression, stress, and anxiety, so you're in good company. Do you receive any support for your mental health?

Please do feel free to take a look around and get stuck in. Here's a list of all of our categories of discussion. You can also view a list of the most recent discussions on the community by visiting the recent discussions page. If you're not sure where to start, the coffee lounge is a great place to get to know other members through some casual conversation.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • Hugo51
    Options
    @Tori_Scope thanks for the welcome, on highest dose of medication and Docs got me mental health nurse ( although no appointment till 3 weeks away) 
    It’s Stress at work that’s my issue, doctor always puts this on sicklines ... is there anyone on here that’s experience of Discrimination at work etc ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello @Hugo51

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

I'm sorry to hear that work is causing you stress at the minute, you might want to read our employment category, which has many discussions about issues relating to employment, some of which you might relate to.

What is it in particular about work that is causing you difficulty at the moment? Have you spoken with your employer about the situation?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Hugo51
    Options
    Hello @Hugo51

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

I'm sorry to hear that work is causing you stress at the minute, you might want to read our employment category, which has many discussions about issues relating to employment, some of which you might relate to.

What is it in particular about work that is causing you difficulty at the moment? Have you spoken with your employer about the situation?
    @Ross-@Ross_Scope I was given an improvement note by a manager ( no HR involved) for absenting from work one day due to stress at work, I was off for 2 weeks, one week Doctor certified .
    They no my condition and am covered by equality act 2010 according to their OH , told employer this 2018 

The fact they did this to me added to my stress and anxiety and now I’m signed off a month by Doctor 
  • Hugo51
    Options
    Having to put grievance in which is adding to my poor health......off and on 3 years I’ve been subjected to poor treatments at work ,bullying, delaying reasonable adjustments, now Disability Discrimination 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @Hugo51. My understanding is that you should be given the opportunity to appeal an improvement note- is that the case? 

Have you made complaints about the previous bad treatment you've experienced? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Duninn
    Duninn Community member Posts: 184 Pioneering
    Options
    @Hugo51 hi there wow just wow are you in a Union and that could support you?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Hugo51 have you tried de stressing by using meditation? I do it at home and now I can micro meditate almost anywhere, sometimes just for a few seconds, it definitely helps,

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Hugo51
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @Hugo51. My understanding is that you should be given the opportunity to appeal an improvement note- is that the case? 

Have you made complaints about the previous bad treatment you've experienced? 
    No wasn’t given that opportunity, I didn’t sign it though 
    union say it’s Disability Discrimination so grievance and possibly Employment tribunal on the horizon which dont help my health!
    Made complaints before but never taken seriously  
  • Hugo51
    Options
    Duninn said:
    @Hugo51 hi there wow just wow are you in a Union and that could support you?
    Yes I’m taking their advice 
  • Hugo51
    Options
    My anxiety is bad with all this happening 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Hugo51

Do you have coping techniques in place for times like this when your anxiety is at a higher level? You can view some self-care information and advice on the Mind website here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Hugo51
    Options
    @Ross_Scope I don’t but thanks will give it a go, does anyone have experience of employment situations like mine ? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.