Hi, my name is 19Gemma93! Does anyone else suffer or look after someone with fibromyalgia? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is 19Gemma93! Does anyone else suffer or look after someone with fibromyalgia?

Options
19Gemma93
19Gemma93 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Does anyone else suffer or look after someone with Fibromyalgia?
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @19Gemma93 - & welcome to the community. We have many members that suffer from Fibromyalgia, so perhaps you will have a look around the forum at the 'All groups' section: https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories   Fibromyalgia is discussed under 'Invisible impairments,' & 'Dealing with chronic pain,' to mention a couple of sub-categories. Or try the 'Search' function, which appears right at the top of this page for me using a desktop computer.
    I have a different disorder (the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), the pain of which medical studies have shown is most likened to that of Fibro sufferers, so may have a little understanding too. If you have any questions our members may be able to help.  :)

• Duninn
    Duninn Community member Posts: 184 Pioneering
    Options
  • Barukh
    Barukh Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Options
          @19Gemma93  Hi and welcome.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @19Gemma93 :) Thanks for joining!

As chiarieds has said, we have plenty of members who've spoken about their experiences of fibromyalgia. I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to dealing with chronic pain, and tweaked your title so that it's easier for other members to find.

Do you live with fibromyalgia, or care for someone who does? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.