Does anyone have experience of Neurofibromatosis (NF1)? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone have experience of Neurofibromatosis (NF1)?

Options
EllieP
EllieP Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, I'm pleased to join this forum.  I have siblings on Special Guardianship who both have disabilities as a result of a genetic condition Neurofibromatosis (NF1).  The lad has ASD and Learning Disability and the lass has ADHD (medicated 3 times daily) and does not sleep well.  I'd like to know if there's anyone in this forum with experience around NFI.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @EllieP :) Apologies, I hadn't realised that you'd made a separate post about this. Thanks for sharing a bit more information about your siblings and the challenges they face. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • strawberrysherbet11
    strawberrysherbet11 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    @EllieP Hi, I know this post is a couple of months old now, but I have Neurofibromatosis Type One and got diagnosed quite early on in life (around age 4). I have quite a mild form of the condition but I'm here if you're still looking for someone with experience of it :)
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    Options
    EllieP said:
    Hello, I'm pleased to join this forum.  I have siblings on Special Guardianship who both have disabilities as a result of a genetic condition Neurofibromatosis (NF1).  The lad has ASD and Learning Disability and the lass has ADHD (medicated 3 times daily) and does not sleep well.  I'd like to know if there's anyone in this forum with experience around NFI.  Thanks in advance.
    I do. I have a mild form. here for you
    Lilly Josh  <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.