I'm on LCWRA with UC. How long does this run? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm on LCWRA with UC. How long does this run?

Options
lindajosh54
lindajosh54 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i am on LCWRA with universal credit and i wanted to know how long this runs as i had long term covid and already underlying conditions. i have applied for pip but have no idea when as its to be a phone assessment . im not good with mobility or with any breathing and ptsd heart and liver lungs and my left side due to my tragic car crash i broke my neck so its titanium and my left ankle is metal. i have terrible sleeping patterns and im not out at all . im finding suicidal thoughts due to a social worker i have formally complained about and one also who promised to have me moved to a groundfloor house and yet broke every promise including a full year of care. also my pip forms i had to take to my gp. he to was not at all happy with everything as in that time the socialworker has created a huge nightmare that i get so angry about as all of my care and needs should have been done as he promised , all he did was lied to my face. i am still here but feel that when your all alone and no one seems to realise money cant buy your happiness or health but i have now realised the nhs social care side in Scotland with Social Workers promising things then breaking the promises and not even caring. infact using your illness as their payment cheque and working from home was my social workers biggest failure to hide what he has done to my health. imreally just wanting to know that i put my pip claim in and i also have been told a phone assessment so do you continue getting this lcwra and then pip or what happens ?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Unlike PIP, LCWRA does not have a fixed end date,There will be a note on DWP files about when they expect to carry out a review. Your existing LCWRA will run until such time as another assessment takes place.

LCWRA in your UC is completely separate to PIP. The PIP decision, when it comes, makes no difference to the LCWRA. If PIP is awarded it will be additional to the UC.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hllo @lindajosh54

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us, I hope the above information has been helpful.

I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.