If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

As any one had desion letter? Still waiting after 8 weeks

Options
Emma1968
Emma1968 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Dwp  sent me text  saying in  within  8  weeks   should  have desion  as any one had  sake text   bit still waiting  after 8  weeks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    Hi there 

Lots of people are waiting longer than the 8 weeks quoted due to backlogs just depends on workload of the decision maker 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    That's just a guide because there are no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Emma1968
    Options
    Well should not day with in   8 week  you have desion  of pip 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Timescales have only ever been a guide. Backlogs are just part of the reason decision's can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    Should have a decision within 8 weeks is not the same as will have a decision within 8 weeks.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Contributor
    Options
    That's why the text says As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. Because it isn't set in stone 
  • Emma1968
    Options
    Mine 6 this wed some one said they got answer at 6 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Everyone's waiting times vary, depending on backlog in the aera you live. Waiting several weeks for a decision means nothing other than you've been waiting several weeks. There's nothing else you can but wait.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.