Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Benji81
Benji81 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, I’m Benjamin and I am new to this community.  I have Aspergers.  I am looking for a community of like-minded people to interact with.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Benji81 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community, which is for people with a disability whatever that may be. I'm sure you'll enjoy being a member of this group among people who understand, Benjamin. Please join in with any discussions of interest, or try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' to meet other members. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Benji81 :) It's great to have you here. 

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. Do you have any particular interests or topics of conversation you enjoy talking about? That might help you to connect with like-minded people. 

Please also feel free to share with us if you have any worries or challenges you're facing at the moment. Chances are that someone else on the community has been through it, or something similar, before, and we're all always happy to try and help. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Benji81
    Benji81 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the replies.
    I am interested in biology - medicine and genetics in particular.  I am also interested in politics.  In addition I am a massive Harry Potter fan.
    I am really interested in making some friends on here and would be interested in any meetings around the Harrogate region as I have found little information on such groups.
    Thanks again for your replies.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope that you can connect with like-minded people here @Benji81 :) As chiarieds said, the coffee lounge is a great place to connect with other members through casual conversation. Perhaps you could start a new post about one of the topics you're interested in? 

Which Harry Potter house are you in? 

We don't host in-person events as an online community currently. Have you had a look on sites like Meetup to see if there are any groups or events near you that you might be interested in joining? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.