Medical Buddy Scheme — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical Buddy Scheme

Options
Medicalbuddy
Medicalbuddy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, 

I apologize for posting this twice - I think I posted it in the wrong place earlier.

We hope you are well. I'm hoping to let you know about the medical buddy scheme for people with acute neurological injuries. It aims to pair you up with a medical professional on a 1:1 basis e.g. a doctor with whom you can discuss your care needs, disease biology or understanding of anatomy e.g. nervous system. 

You liaise with your medical buddy via telephone/messaging services. It is a service provided by volunteers and is free. It aims to help you understand the biology of your injuries, provide a listening ear and answer your questions which you may find difficult. 

The volunteer medical buddies will provide you with impartial advice and we highlight local NHS/charitable services. 

The website address is:

[Link temporarily removed by moderator pending review]

Thank You

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.