PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Mr call due any day soon. Do they call off of an 0800 number?

natasha1776natasha1776 Member Posts: 11 Listener
edited September 1 in PIP, DLA and AA
I believe I might get a call to discuss my Mr any day soon. Part of my condition is I don’t like talking on the phone and I struggle to explain and express my self, also very forgetful. I expressed this on the phone call after picking up the courage to try and phone them to find out what’s happening mr over the 10 week time scale. I expressed I don’t like talking on the phone hence why I failed the assessment I asked what phone number they would call off if they rang me to discuss the Mr, she didn’t know the answer. 
My question is please do they ring off a 0800 number or with help phone number when they ring to discuss. I know they don’t ring everyone but if I could have an idea of the number at least I know if to answer. Many thanks Natasha 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,262 Disability Gamechanger
    They only ever ring if they have a question to ask but this doesn’t happen very often. If they do ring it’s likely to be from a withheld number, at least that’s what it was for me when I had a call from a decision maker in the past.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mamah72mamah72 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    When they rang me the caller ID read universal credits , which was OK for me and did not cause me the usually anxiety I have about calls.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,262 Disability Gamechanger
    mamah72 said:
    When they rang me the caller ID read universal credits , which was OK for me and did not cause me the usually anxiety I have about calls.

This is regarding PIP, who have been known to ring from a withheld number.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Leigh14Leigh14 Member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    I believe I might get a call to discuss my Mr any day soon. Part of my condition is I don’t like talking on the phone and I struggle to explain and express my self, also very forgetful. I expressed this on the phone call after picking up the courage to try and phone them to find out what’s happening mr over the 10 week time scale. I expressed I don’t like talking on the phone hence why I failed the assessment I asked what phone number they would call off if they rang me to discuss the Mr, she didn’t know the answer. 
    My question is please do they ring off a 0800 number or with help phone number when they ring to discuss. I know they don’t ring everyone but if I could have an idea of the number at least I know if to answer. Many thanks Natasha 
    When someone rang me last week about the MR, it was from an 0800 number. I waited 12 weeks. Good luck with yours.
  • idontlikelivingidontlikeliving Member Posts: 97 Courageous
    @Leigh14 can’t believe how long it takes for a mr. It’s such a long process the whole pip situation. 
  • mamah72mamah72 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Sorry I need to reiterate , on Monday I had a call and the caller ID read universal credit  however it was a lady from PIP asking if I had anything further to add as it was going to a decision maker that afternoon and I would hear by the weekend .
  • Leigh14Leigh14 Member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    @Leigh14 can’t believe how long it takes for a mr. It’s such a long process the whole pip situation. 
    They would have been dealing with an awful lot of stuff though, backlogs, covid, working from home etc. 
Sign in or join us to comment.