Really struggling — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Really struggling

Options
harry01
harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
I'm really struggling with everything. Really struggling. Everything is really starting to feel utterly pointless. Noone is interested in how I am living.

I can't cope with all of this. It was easier in 2014. It was much easier compared to this and yet it was already very hard then. I always wish I was in some earlier stage of my life when I was on slightly less pain, more in control.

These doctors or whoever it is that is responsible have completely abandoned me. They cause me harm. 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @harry01, I'm sorry to read that you are suffering so much.
    I have a similar problem in that I am in severe pain and have not been able to walk for months. The doctors know that I'm in pain but due to my various allergies they say there's nothing else they can give me nor can they operate or do anything else to help me. So I'm left struggling at home on my own and feel abandoned by the medical profession.

Your case may be different but still I understand what it's like struggling on your own.
    Do you have any other support?
    Is there anyone you trust enough to talk to about your feelings?
    What is it that you would like the doctors to do that they are not doing for you? 
  • harry01
    Options
    They have paid lip service to treating this ridiculous skin problem. Nothing has happened since 2015. I have seen several doctors, they put you on waiting lists for dermatologists, then even they dismiss you. I had to complain and then they referred me to a hospital. 

I got something prescribed with no explanation on July 22nd. I used it for 2-3 weeks but was clearly no response so you update them and get no response. Just spent the last few months ringing them and emailing them. Ringing my surgery to chase them up.

There's always someone your due to see on leave and they cancel or simply get no response. It just makes you feel utterly depressed.

I tell my friends and family and done of them don't even believe that this can happen. It's appalling. You buy from what should be a reliable source and you are taken to some chancer who sells you this.

But honestly now I blame the doctors and clinicians I have seen just as much because at times you have faced outright disbelief. For years I faced this with this pain disorder so I found this especially distressing given my experience with doctors and psychiatrists. 

So, yeah now what I'd just like for them to treat this skin problem. That is surely something they can do. If they can't do that, they can't do anything. 

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @harry01, there must be something about Dermatologists! I've got a chronic skin condition on my lower legs and nothing has really helped. The last time I was at the hospital clinic, one doctor said to me very bluntly "once you get this, it doesn't get better, so you'll just carry on getting worse". He didn't offer any remedies or support or even concern. So your case is not unique.

Is there any way you could see a herbalist or homeopath? Sometimes alternative therapists are more willing to listen and offer treatment. And doctors don't always know everything. I hope you get the support you need somehow. 
  • harry01
    Options
    They're good at abandoning people. 

If we didn't have one life I would hope they'd learn from people just killing themselves. To them, they're shocked it happens but it was always going to happen. 

I don't have anything good to say about these people who have effectively ruined my life. I wish that I had died 10 years ago and not experienced this. 
  • harry01
    Options
    I get angry that they find that surprising. Just abandoned someone, not met their most basic needs and showed no regard for them. So then they feel like that and these people are surprised.

I would insult them but it changes nothing. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.