None Alcohol Pubs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

None Alcohol Pubs

Options
Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
edited September 2021 in Coffee lounge
Following on from @woodbine. Pubs with no beer.
There seems to be a trend towards having pubs that only serve beer with no alcohol content. They also serve many alcohol free spirits.
This goes far from what we normally think of pubs, but with more and more pubs closing down from lack of customers and the young of today laying off alcohol. Are they a good idea?
I do not frequently visit pubs but I like a drink of beer now and then at home. Since my kidney problem I have taken to drinking small bottles of alcohol free beer, preferring the Becks variety and I have come to like it. It is very much improved from the first beers they brought in and I find a small amount of Lime cordial in it helps.
I myself have no problem with these pubs, they are a good idea, especially when driving.
With more and more brewers and distillers bringing more and more varieties onto the market.
Is this the future for pubs? Or even for beer itself? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,648 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is a pub in my town that's alcohol free and vegatarian foods. I've not really used it myself. 
    There's lots of alcohol free products coming in through the market, Guinness being latest one I've heard of and I think it's sold in tesco. 
    I only usually have a coffee In the pub, which I know there are  great coffee shops near by, but I know people in there so go to catch up when I'm in town, plus they do great food.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,680 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’ve never tried alcohol-free beer. I’ve been told it’s not nice but that is by people who tried it 30 years ago when it was probably in its infancy. I assume it has been developed since then. I’ll have to give it a try.

Not sure about non-alcoholic spirits. The only spirits I’d drink for the flavour and not the alcohol effects are whisky and cognac and not sure you can get those in non-alcoholic format? I’ve seen non alcoholic gins but honestly if I wanted a non alcoholic G&T I’d just have the tonic water on its own ha ha.
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 747 Pioneering
    Options
    DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS BUT:
      I have heard through some friends who have pubs and restaurants in and around Cardiff not to order any beer after/around the 13th December and no fresh produce after the 16th December, as there is an announcement on the way.
      Are they going to close every thing down again? who knows could just be scare mongering, this would only apply to Wales...... is the writing on the wall...... 2 cases of the new variant turned into 6 in Scotland, where next?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.