I was awarded ongoing, saying they'd get back in contact in 10 years. Can they review me any time? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was awarded ongoing, saying they'd get back in contact in 10 years. Can they review me any time?

Options
ashgizmo3169Q
ashgizmo3169Q Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone not been on for abit I was awared onging it saying 10 years they well get back in contact, my friends were saying  , although they have award that ,they can come and do my pip review at anytime is that right just need some advice 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ashgizmo3169Q

I hope you are well. It is great to see that you are back with us. In terms of personal independence payment reviews, the Government website says that "the letter you got when your Personal Independence Payment (PIP) was approved will tell you when your claim will end and if it will be reviewed. If your claim is going to be reviewed, the letter will tell you when you'll be contacted about the review" (https://www.gov.uk/pip/when-your-pip-claim-is-reviewed)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Yes, your friends are correct DWP can review your PIP at anytime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ashgizmo3169Q
    Options
    Ok thanks  it's onging award but the date is in 10 years time so I don't go buy the paperwork I got then 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes but they can review it at anytime. I really wouldn't worry too much.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ashgizmo3169Q
    Options
    Ok thanks ? for the reply

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.