Do we have any builders or ex builders on site for advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do we have any builders or ex builders on site for advice

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
Hi, OH have been to visit me and they are looking for funding to put a toilet downstairs for me which would make my kitchen very small. There was talk from the OH experts to put a toilet outside with an extension with a door leading from the lounge. This would be a perfect option. I think it would be cheaper than what they are suggesting as they want to rip all the kitchen out and re-do it which would be a waste of money.

So, me and my wife are thinking about an extension outside of the property for the toilet with a wash basic, and just wondering what a 6ft by 5ft extension would cost. i am not looking for exact figures just a ball park figure.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It really does depend on a number of factors, one of the main ones will be finding a builder, the other will be the area you live builders in the south east usually charge a premium, and finally being able to find one atm isn't easy.
    There are several websites where you can post details of your job and see if there are any builders interested, i've used "my builder" others included "trusted trader" and "check a trade".
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.