Help, sores on legs only, intense muscle pain — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Help, sores on legs only, intense muscle pain

yodipodi
yodipodi Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, I desperately need help, I have itching and sores on my legs only coupled with intense muscle pain, fatigue and headaches. I am under a dermatologist, had mris seen neurologist and vascular surgeon and still no diagnosis, my white blood cell count is high and I am low on vit d and b12. The pain is now so bad I feel like chopping my own legs off! I have added some photos please anyone have any ideas?!!

Note from moderator: to view images of the sores, click 'show'

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,781 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, we are not medical professionals so we won't be able to give you any medical advice. I hope you will have some answers soon.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 5,996

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @yodipodi :) Thanks for joining, and for sharing your experience with us. 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get a diagnosis to explain the symptoms you've been having yet. As poppy123456 has said, we're not medical professionals so we won't be able to offer any medical advice in terms of a possible diagnosis or treatment. 
    my white blood cell count is high and I am low on vit d and b12
    Are you undergoing any treatment for this?

Is your GP up to date with the symptoms you've been experiencing?

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussing undiagnosed conditions. I've also added a 'spoiler' to your post so that people can only view the photos if they click 'show'. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • yodipodi
    Thank you for the censorship of the pictures I did try and do that myself, but wouldn’t allow me. My gp knows all my symptoms and I have been having b12 injections and oral vitamin d. An a and e dr even told me that I was symptomatic and there was obviously something massively wrong, However she said she had never seen anything like it!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 5,996

Scope community team

That's okay @yodipodi :) If you ever do want to mark something as a spoiler, you can do so by highlighting the content and selecting 'spoiler' after clicking the 'format' button that looks like a backwards P. 

Hmm, how frustrating. It looks really sore, so clearly something's going on. I know that you've mentioned having spoken to a number of professionals, none of whom have been able to fix this for you, but are you currently undergoing any tests? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • yodipodi
    I have another mri booked for my pelvis in a couple of weeks but that’s about it, it just seems if I don’t complain, they’re not interested!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.