I had my PIP renewal, and now payments have stopped. They also rang to ask about past hospital stays — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my PIP renewal, and now payments have stopped. They also rang to ask about past hospital stays

Options
Crompton1981
Crompton1981 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I went for a p.i.p renewal around 3 weeks ago. I add a missed call from p.i.p so today I rang them. They told me that they want to new the dates I was in hospital in 2018.
So I told them the dates.
I all so asked them was my p.i.p still live I was told no it add been stopped the day they rang me. 
What I don't understand that they wanted know the dates the Same day they stopped my p.i.p.
This as left me very confused and all so at the interview they asked about my school years did I go to collage and all so did I have speach  thepory.
Then he moved onto questions like can I cook.
I can cook but I struggle and same around the other questions.
I was not asked how it affects my day to day liveing. 
I have been on this benfit for 7 year due to mentaul health issues. 
I get help off family and friends.
So now am awaiting for my letter to look at what points I was given. Have all so asked for all the supporting evidence they have used. 
This as left me really stressed and feeling more isolated and depressed.
I stopped taking my meds as well as I Beleave that posion me.
I have good days and very bad days all today as been my worse days.
I must say as well am a recovering addict  with all most 4 years clean nd I get support bye doin n.a meetings. I used to self medacate  as they seemed to help but all today all I have though about is picking up and I know were that leads me.
I feel lost and so worried as it's taken me years to live indepentant  and I don't wanna lose that again. 
Is there any advice  on how I chanlange this dession meny thanks 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Crompton1981

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us.

I'm sorry to hear that your review was unsuccessful, getting the letter will help to provide further clarity so that you can shape your MR. As you say, you should have a look at what points you were, and weren't, given, and then explain as part of your MR why you think you should have received points for the various activities. Ensure you include real world examples to go along with your statements about the descriptors.

It concerns me to read that you have stopped taking your medication, how long has it been since you stopped taking them? Are they for your mental health or for something else?

Have you spoken with your GP about your feelings that they are not good for you?

Keep in mind that you can always contact your local mental health support team if you ever feel unsafe at all or need further support, and the mental health charity Mind have plenty of advice and information about medication and other aspects of MH so you may wish to contact them too.

It's good to hear that you have been clean for about four years, that's a great achievement which you should be proud of, and I'm glad that you receive support for it. Please do ensure you access that support if you ever need it, and speak with your GP if you ever feel as though you need additional help.

What kind of help do you receive to manage your mental health? You mentioned friends and family, but have you ever accessed something like therapy or any other support through your GP?

It's understandable that the review not going your way has impacted your well-being, however if the MR is carried out in the correct way then hopefully you will be able to overturn the decision. In the meantime, keep in touch with your family and friends and access their support whenever you feel as though you need it.

I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk with further information, so please give it a read and get back to us.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.