Residential care for a 20 yr old — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Residential care for a 20 yr old

Options
milley28
milley28 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My son is 20 next yr and wants to move out, I agree this is the best option for him. He wants a residential setting . Where do I begin to find a residential setting for young adults who will cater to his needs? We dont mind where it is but I'm guessing it could be a lengthy process and want to get the ball rolling ready for july 2022 as this is when he wants to leave. Not really getting any support from his adult social worker. Any advice??

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I would have suggested social services but you don't seem to be getting any advice from them 

I think you will have to do your own research look for list of residential homes and then check their website 

Your gp maybe able to advise or cab 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    milley28 said:
    My son is 20 next yr and wants to move out, I agree this is the best option for him. He wants a residential setting . Where do I begin to find a residential setting for young adults who will cater to his needs? We dont mind where it is but I'm guessing it could be a lengthy process and want to get the ball rolling ready for july 2022 as this is when he wants to leave. Not really getting any support from his adult social worker. Any advice??
    Hi @milley28 :) 

How are you getting on? I'm sorry that we couldn't offer anymore advice or support with regards to your question. Have you managed to progress at all with finding out about residential homes for your son?

We would really love an update from yourself about the situation :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.