LCW — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCW

shortyt
shortyt Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me on here I was awarded the LCW which is £128.89 per month due to a back problem and only working 8 hours per week. I also get universal credit. I received back pay up until June 10th 2021 but since then looking on my universal credit it doesn't give me onnthe break down about the £128.89 only gives me my standard allowance and my housing and says about I can earn £293.00 before they take my earnings into account. I rang uc helpline yesterday and she said she didn't really know much about it and that maybe the back pay was all I was entitled to has there is only so much you can claim on uc but I tried to explain to her that it was from January up until June 10th 2021.
So why am I not receiving the £128.89 per month she told me to put a note on my journal for my work coach.i have been awarded the LCW since July for 29months she told me. So who do I speak to regarding me not getting this extra amount every month. Please someone help with this.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no extra money if you've been awarded LCW and your claim started after April 2017, the rules for this changed more than 4 years ago. The extra money applies to those that have LCWRA only. See link.

If you have a health condition or disability

You might get an extra amount of Universal Credit if you have a health condition or disability that prevents you from working or preparing for work.

Your monthly payment is based on your circumstances, for example your health condition or disability, income and housing costs.

If you made a new Universal Credit claim on or after 3 April 2017 and have limited capability for work, you will not get the extra amount.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shortyt
    shortyt Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    So if im not entitled to LCW payment how comes I was given back pay from last January until this june
  • poppy123456
    If you were working during that time and you didn't have the work allowance before you were awarded LCW then the back pay was most likely because of the work allowance that was added once you were awarded LCW.
    Please see the link i provided with regards to the extra LCW which is no longer paid as advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.