Hi, my name is Fibroangel! Worried yet as I've not had my PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Fibroangel! Worried yet as I've not had my PIP review

Options
Fibroangel
Fibroangel Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning all.... 
I hope to het some help advice.... 
I jave multiple health problems... Fibromyalgia since early 20's... Ms. Arthritis. Bowel inncontence problems... And finding it hard to do any daily activities now. And alone.
Now recently findings in a letter that i am sycofreinc!!? Never in my 40 years been told or talks from gp this and frightened as having pip review early this year 6 months ago and still no answer reply.
And worried... As the assessor stopped my review on phone half way through talking. 
Assessor said im goi g to stop this interview now as she said i should here in few weeks.!!!
As she i can here you are struggling on pbome.

But worried as ive not had my review still.?
And called pip some weeks ago for update. And pip said that capita may do my review by paper format.!!?? As my pip ends January /may next year. 
And trying find help support is like a tennis match..... 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    There are huge backlogs for PIP at the moment and some people are waiting about 10 months. If there is enough of information to do a paper based assessment they will but this is rare. In the meantime all you can do is wait. Your current PIP award doesn't end until next year so that's a few months away yet. I know it's difficult but try to relax because there's nothing more you can do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Fibroangel - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry about the problems you've had, &, as we all know, it's hard not to worry, but try we must. As Poppy has explained, PIP claims & reviews are taking such a long time now, unfortunately.
    Do you think it might be an idea to discuss with your GP about this schizophrenia diagnosis you've recently found, so they can explain?
    I hope you find this both a friendly & supportive group, so do use the forum to chat any time. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.