Describe your week in song — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Describe your week in song

JustPete
JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 66 Connected
edited November 12 in Coffee lounge
Describe your week by naming a song title or some lyrics of a song!  I'm thinking.........
I am a Scope Volunteer.   I have knowledge about life! Additionally, but not limited to: living with a disability, employing personal assistants (requiring 24x7 care), education (having reached PhD level), sexuality (being gay) managing relationships having a disability (tricky), technology and assistive technology (being a geek), sport & leisure (being a Paralympian and on various committees whose purpose is to maximise inclusion at all levels), mental health (both through personal experience and supporting others), Arsenal Football Club (a necessary part of life).  If I can't help, I will endeavour to find somebody who can.

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you'll ever know." - Winnie The Pooh

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,686

Scope community team

Ready for the Weekend - Calvin Harris 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,675 Disability Gamechanger
    Climb every mountain (the Dickie Valentine version)
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • JustPete
    woodbine said:
    Climb every mountain (the Dickie Valentine version)
    You  cannot beat The Sound of Music!!!!!!!  :):):):):):)
    I am a Scope Volunteer.   I have knowledge about life! Additionally, but not limited to: living with a disability, employing personal assistants (requiring 24x7 care), education (having reached PhD level), sexuality (being gay) managing relationships having a disability (tricky), technology and assistive technology (being a geek), sport & leisure (being a Paralympian and on various committees whose purpose is to maximise inclusion at all levels), mental health (both through personal experience and supporting others), Arsenal Football Club (a necessary part of life).  If I can't help, I will endeavour to find somebody who can.

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you'll ever know." - Winnie The Pooh
  • leeCal
    leeCal Member Posts: 4,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Flash! 

My weeks flashed by.

I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist...as if you didn't know.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,686

Scope community team

As a side note, I love your signature @leeCal :D 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,842 Disability Gamechanger
    “I’m so tired” by the Beatles.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,464

Scope community team

I bet most of us can echo that one Mike :D
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,703 Disability Gamechanger
    The Drugs Don't Work - The Verve
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,842 Disability Gamechanger
    I bet most of us can echo that one Mike :D
    Only if you fell asleep with a headache every day after finishing after 7pm :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Pulling teeth- green day 

Wish someone would just pull all mine out relieve the pain 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 593 Pioneering
    It has to be I'm still standing by Elton John for me this week. It was a very trying week but I'm still here overcoming the blocks  :D
    I am a Scope volunteer. I have knowledge about the following subjects, gained through professional settings such as high level education or employment: autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, down's syndrome, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, assistive technology and education. Pronouns: She/her.
  • Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 1,474 Pioneering
    Its a Great Day To Be Alive by Travis Tritt
  • Behi
    Behi Member Posts: 12 Connected
    Feel so good by Clair guerreso
    Which may not be a famous song but lots of positive energy, for me
  • L_Volunteer
    janer1967 said:
    Pulling teeth- green day 

Wish someone would just pull all mine out relieve the pain 
    Hope you feel better soon @janer1967. It sounds like you are currently in a lot of pain  :(
    I am a Scope volunteer. I have knowledge about the following subjects, gained through professional settings such as high level education or employment: autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, down's syndrome, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, assistive technology and education. Pronouns: She/her.
  • L_Volunteer
    edited November 13
    Behi said:
    Feel so good by Clair guerreso
    Which may not be a famous song but lots of positive energy, for me
    Glad to hear you are feeling positive this week @Behi :D
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    The Gas Man Cometh - Flanders and Swann
  • L_Volunteer
    Ooh, interesting song choice @TheAlien. Would you like to expand on how it relates to your week?  :D
  • JustPete
    TheAlien said:
    The Gas Man Cometh - Flanders and Swann
    Did he come?

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    edited November 13
    Vacuum cleaner broke first, then the iron, plumber couldn't find the leak in toilet, but spotted blocked main drain, drain cleared for 2nd time in a month, now waiting for engineer as they think it may have collapsed, but I still have a leak somewhere in the toilet.

This follows on from the replastering that was needed a few weeks ago in the toilet, when the plasterer managed to block said drain with plaster dust and pulled the door frame off.  Carpenter had to come and nail the frame back on and chunks of the new plaster subsequently fell off!
  • JustPete
    @TheAlien Perhaps "It's Raining Men" is closer to your week!!!!!!!!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.