Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Could this apply being fit to work but waiting on adjustments AGREED to be put in place but only getting SSP?
See here for intrest:
‘Discrimination arising from disability’ (s.15 EqA) is very wide. It is where a person treats a disabled person unfavourably “because of something arising in consequence of” the disability.
This involves two different causal links, “because of”, and something “in consequence of” the disability (below “Because of something arising in consequence of” the disability). The courts analyse whether both causal links are present. Even so the wording is wide. Also the disability-related reason need not be the only reason for the unfavourable treatment.
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 40 Games room
- 423 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 611 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 818 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions