Legacy Benefit Payout — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Legacy Benefit Payout

Options
tcellmutation
tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
The court case against the government failing to give those on legacy benefits the £20 per week uplift payment is drawing to a close this week. Do you think those on legacy benefits will get the backdated £20 per week uplift payment that amounted to a total of £1560?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's other threads here related to this. I think at this stage it would be impossible to say which way it will go.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    There's other threads here related to this. I think at this stage it would be impossible to say which way it will go.
    Hi Poppy!

Can you link me up to the other main thread regarding this topic

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's quite a few threads about it but i don't have time to search for them. You can use the search feature yourself to see if you can find them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tcellmutation

Thanks for posting about this, it certainly has been interesting to follow along with the development of this story. 

There have been a few related discussions to this recently on the community, including this one. 

What do you think will happen?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Going off previous similar situations the high court may well decide in our favour but the DWP will then keep appealing the decision. We wait and watch with bated breath.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.