why should we lose playful touch if we dont have to — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

why should we lose playful touch if we dont have to

pattern1991
pattern1991 Member Posts: 32 Courageous
I am fully aware that not everyone likes touch and that others may relate it to awful experiences and so not enjoy it but if we enjoy playful consensual touch and play in friendships and romantic relationships why should it have to end in childhood i feel if it I had had  more of such touch i would be more body confident today and like my body as it is 

Comments

• Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 2,204 Pioneering
    Hi @pattern1991 We search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the universe , deserve your love and affection. You should always value yourself. Touch (consensual) can make us come alive and give our lives meaning. 
  • steve39
    steve39 Member Posts: 52 Member
    I am fully aware that not everyone likes touch and that others may relate it to awful experiences and so not enjoy it but if we enjoy playful consensual touch and play in friendships and romantic relationships why should it have to end in childhood i feel if it I had had  more of such touch i would be more body confident today and like my body as it is 
    I know that everyone keeps on about the 3ft rule but i also know for a fact that loads of my friends including street people still enjoy coming up for a hug in the middle of town infull view of whoever else is passing bye if they have not seen me for awhile
    so if you enjoy go right ahead don't let other people's look's stop you because they might want to join in
  • steve39
    steve39 Member Posts: 52 Member
    I know that keeps on about the 3ft rule but i also know for a fact that loads of my friends including street people still enjoy coming up for a hug in the middle of town infull view of whoever else is passing bye if they have not seen me for awhile

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.