Hi, we are Brookefamily and our 4 month old was diagnosed with Erb's palsy and a stroke — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, we are Brookefamily and our 4 month old was diagnosed with Erb's palsy and a stroke

Brookefamily
Brookefamily Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Following his horrific birth 
He has left sided weakness and we are doing everything we can to help our son with rehabilitation and treatment 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I'm sorry to hear about your son there is lots of support here for parents have a look in the parents and carers section 

There is also a programme called navigate on here to help support parents 
  • Brookefamily
    Thank you both xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Brookefamily

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

Sorry to hear that things have been really tough for you and your son. It must be really worrying for you.

Unfortunately, this is not my area of expertise but it seems the wonderful @janer1967 and @Teddybear12 have already signposted you to some potential support.

Have you tried the navigate support for families yet? If so, how have you found it?

Is there anything else we can do to support you?

We are here for you and we care about you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Grandma1
    Grandma1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Dear Brooke family, how on earth did you get a diagnosis so quickly, after 4 months! Bless you all. Sending love & courage. xxxps  have you experienced screaming from baby? Unable to placate, for long periods of time?  Thankyou. 
  • Brookefamily
    @Grandma1
    Hello :) his facial and Erbs palsy was diagnosed at birth as be failed some tests for his apgar score. 
    Hes been having physio since he was 3 months but noticed from his movement that it didn't quite fit the Erb's bill so we had ultrasounds xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.