Refused pip what can I do? Please help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused pip what can I do? Please help

Options
mandylopez
mandylopez Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Mandy I applied for pip and got refused I have arthritis on both my feet and struggled every day what can I do please help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis. It's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Have you got some expert advice to check that you can score enough of points needed for an award? If you haven't then you should do this. Then if you qualify and the decision to refuse you was within the past 13 months then your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)
    For advice start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mandylopez
    mandylopez Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you I filled the paperwork out some days are better then other days so I maybe was to honestly with my answers I think I need help I am in a lot of pain most days my big toes can’t bend at all because of operation don’t know who can help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Use the link i posted above, put your postcode in and choose the topic "welfare benefits" it will tell you what advice agnecy is local to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.