Struggling both physically and mentally — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling both physically and mentally

Options
Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Not coping at all I'm in physical pain and feeling mentally unwell. Hardly sleeping, anxious and everyone I help on a daily basis don't really care when I'm struggling so any kind words, friendly genuine people to talk to would be gratefully appreciated at this difficult time. 
Take care all❤️

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @Tammyjane33

I'm really sorry to hear about how you're currently feeling at the moment. I just wanted to say thank you for being so open and vulnerable with us - I know it's not easy to sometimes speak so openly about mental health, so we are proud of you that you've spoken up and asked for support :) 

Are you currently receiving any support from your GP about your mental health? The below resources might also be helpful for you right now:

When you feel like this, is there anything that helps you feel a bit more calm? For example, watching your favourite TV show, or reading a book?

I hope the above helps and please let us know if you have any other concerns. 

Take care now and I'll speak to you soon.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Tammyjane33
    Options
    @Teddybear12 thank you for your lovely message x
  • Tammyjane33
    Options
    @Libby_Scope thank you for you're kind words. I can't get in with my gp at the mo. Usually when struggling I can cope but at the moment I'm finding everything difficult. I'm usually there to support others 24/7 but just lately I don't even get a thank you so it's left me feeling down.
    Thankyou x
  • Tammyjane33
    Options
    @Teddybear12 I don't get alot of time on my own as I can't be left alone alot due to my rare condition so I don't have a lot of time away or space from others and I think things are getting me down cos I'm suffering in pain xx
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's sad when you help people and you don't get a thank you, so perhaps take a break from helping them and concentrate on your own health/problems?
    Is there anything you enjoy doing that relaxes you? reading or watching a film maybe?
    If you can't get an appointment to see your GP (and many of us can't) can you get a telephone appointment?
    Anyway take care and don't forget we are here for you x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tammyjane33
    Options
    @woodbine thank you for your kind words :) 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Tammyjane33,

Thank you for your response :) 

I understand that it's a bit more challenging to see GPs at the moment, but is there anyway that you can get a telephone appointment with them? I realise they're busy, but remember, your health comes first and should be a priority :)

I understand that it's tough when others don't acknowledge your hard work or support. Remember, you should put yourself first and if you can't look after yourself, then it will understandably be more difficult to look after others :) even if you can dedicate 5/10 minutes of your time a day to you and doing something you enjoy, that should hopefully help your mental health and wellbeing :) 

Take care now and we will speak to you soon.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tammyjane33

I just wanted to drop by this thread and see how you are getting on? :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.