Thinking creating gaming youtube channel — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thinking creating gaming youtube channel

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,377 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 2022 in Coffee lounge
Hello Scope online Scope Community
I looking to setting own  gaming youtube channel but I am struggling to play my Ps4 games because hands, but do recon people would watch my gameplay videos without any speaking as I struggle to play and speak if I explained that the description about youtube channel that apologies  written is English is not right the think people be more understanding to me,

I look forward to hearing options and advice on my idea
Warm Regards
Globster

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,660 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think it's a nice idea @Globster if you can find the right group of followers who would support you. As you probably know people in the gaming community are very cruel and not understanding but I'm sure there are a few good players out there among all the dross, you just need to find them.

I for one would be happy to watch your videos as I actually prefer gaming videos without someone speaking over the game. :)
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster :) 

Thank you for your post and I think if the Youtube channel is something that you would enjoy and get a lot from, then why not give it a go? :) 

I'm not actually a big gamer, however, if I were, I would watch your videos! @Alex_Scope might be able to offer more of an insight, as she has a gaming podcast herself :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,377 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
     @Alex_Scope
    I hope you are well @Alex_Scope?
    where can I listen to your gaming podcast @Alex_Scope?

I am looking to set up my own youtube gaming channel, would run a few things past you at @Alex_Scope?
    @Alex_Scope Do you of any disability gaming online communities that are friendly and welcoming to other disabled gamers online in the Uk?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @Globster

I'm very excited to hear you're thinking of starting up your own gaming channel on YouTube :) I know I lot of people (myself included), really enjoy watching gameplay without any talking or commentary over the top, so the audience is out there!

I know AbleGamers does a lot of work to help make games more accessible, I think they're based in America, but perhaps they might know of some gaming communities? Special Effect is doing the same in the UK. My best guess is that there's probably a community  based around disabled Twitch streamers, but I'm not sure beyond that. Maybe Scope could set one up following on from the Plug in and Play campaign? 

My podcast is called Gaming The System, and looks at gaming from a feminist and intersectional perspective. You can find it on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, or watch it on YouTube or Twitch :)

You're more than welcome to run things by me, but I can't promise I'm an expert  :D

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    I used to have a YouTube gaming channel.

I don’t like to play and chat. It’s too distracting.

I uploaded videos of my best gaming moments. They lasted between five and ten minutes long and were set to free music.

There’s definitely an audience for streamers who don’t talk. People like to watch gameplay. There are some who don’t like to waste an hour listening to the streamer before he plays a match of Call Of Duty.

Having a schedule is important. The live stream doesn’t need to be eight hours long to build an audience. A two hour stream is enough. If people know what day(s) you stream, and at what time, then they’ll come back.

Some streamers like to only play one game or maybe two or three. Variety is a good thing.

I’m thinking about live streaming again for PS5.

I hope that the above info has been helpful.
  • Globster
    Options
    Autumn_Feeling 

Thank you for your advice for advice and tips on setup up youtube gaming channel 

• ProudMumForever
    ProudMumForever Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya @Globster , i think its a great idea ! Because the chat can be sooo distracting . 
    Maybe start out with some 30 minute streams , and see how it goes .Once you get streaming little and often, you can build up the time/days. 
    As a gamer myself and a Mum of 2 sons who are also gamers, but enjoy watching streamers daily , i wish you luck ! i would watch !! 
  • Globster
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello Scope community 
    What is best for the beginner to start recording my gameplay for a gaming youtube channel 
    how long should make my gameplay videos? 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

I think I've heard of YouTubers using OBS software in the past for both recording and live streaming. I believe it is free, so might be worth looking into.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    Thank you Ross_Scope I will definitely look into that  

• Autumn_Feeling
    Options
    I’ve restarted my gaming channel.

I’ve learned that YouTube shorts are a quick and easy way to share videos. (If you don’t want to stream every day.) They can be 15 seconds and up to 60 seconds long. The videos can also be set to music from YouTube’s sound library.

Here’s a quick clip from Rocket League. https://youtu.be/rFC75UgxXu4
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with us @Autumn_Feeling. How are you feeling at the moment about restarting your gaming channel?

It sounds really positive that you have found these benefits of Youtube shorts. Keep following your passions  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Autumn_Feeling
    Options
    @L_Volunteer It’s all about taking baby steps.

Due to my ptsd, I have good days and bad days when it comes to concentration levels and tiredness. Sometimes I just can’t get into the flow of an online match. Then, other times I have a great match or a fun moment that can be turned into content.

The key is to have fun. I’m not in a hurry to grow the channel. If the content is consistently good then people will find it.

There are short clips and self contained full matches on my channel so far. Right now, I’m uploading a video a day and hope to build up a few playlists over time.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's such a great thing to remember @Autumn_Feeling, it is all about having fun! 

Keeping a reasonably steady flow of uploads is a good idea, and as long as it's enjoyable, that will shine through in what you make :)
    Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.