Do I receive anything extra or is the cap on UC 
Should I look at applying for PIP
Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,275 Championing
    Options
    Hi,
    The extra money of £343.63 per month is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. (unless you already had LCW and this was a review start by DWP) The extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim. When it's paid from will depend on exactly when you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods. (or when you usually receive your payment each month) Without knowing the answer to those questions it's impossible to advise you further.
    PIP and LCWRA are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria and claiming one doesn't mean you're entitled to the other. Whether you'll score enough points for a PIP award will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. Unfortunately, we can't tell you whether you would be entitled to PIP because we don't know how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    Have a look at this link. https://pipinfo.net/

• Astro0
    Astro0 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,275 Championing
    Options
    Hi,
    The extra money of £343.63 per month is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. (unless you already had LCW and this was a review start by DWP) The extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim.

Also to add, the above advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    Options
    Hello @Astro0

Welcome to the community, thank you for joining and making your first post, I hope you enjoy taking part here and find the community to be a warm and supportive place.

We have numerous categories about benefits and other kinds of financial support so you might find it helpful to have a browse of our categories page to view those and find some related discussions to get involved with. Scope also has information pages about Universal Credit and PIP which can be useful to learn more about the specific benefits, you can find the page for UC here and the page for PIP here.

Regarding applying for PIP, you could have a look through the descriptors here to see whether you feel you should be able to get enough points for an award.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    Options
    Astro0 said:..Do I receive anything extra or is the cap on UC 
    If you are referring to the benefit cap then, because you have LCWRA, you are exempt from the benefit cap.