Abnormal sample result — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Abnormal sample result

Options
chlooooxxx
chlooooxxx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Regarding my recent post. I done a poop sample due to green poop. One test came back last week as ‘clear’ of infection. Spoke to dr last week who said other test takes a little longer. Receptionist called me today and told me the second test came back as ‘abnormal’ obviously wouldn’t tell me what was wrong. Then told me the dr will book me in for an appointment as to what happens next when their appointment diary opens which won’t be for another 3 weeks. I’m guessing it can’t be that bad if they won’t get me in sooner right? Any advice would be great cos I’m super stressed😩 xx

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chlooooxxx I can understand why this would be on your mind, it's sometimes unsettling when our bodies aren't quite behaving in their normal way, but I'm glad to hear the ball is rolling now, and you've got an appointment on the cards. 

Try not to dwell on any what ifs, or things outside of your control. I know that's difficult; but if you focus on looking after yourself every day, and on the things you enjoy doing, the wait will get a little easier and pass more quickly. 

What do you like to do to relax, or to have fun? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    morning @chlooooxxx just been browsing this morn - hope your feeling better about things - i agree that the doctors can make us worse with this waiting game - all i can say is when my husband had a health problem (he had to do a pee sample at doc's) he was refered straight to hospital - what i'm try to say is hopfuly its something thats easily fixed hope this makes sense and not worse x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.