Newbie here, looking for venue info (Manchester) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newbie here, looking for venue info (Manchester)

Options
kymbogs
kymbogs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Helloooo all,

My attempts to find out about a venue's accessibility have brought me here, nice to meet you!

A band I'm seeing on Thursday have just announced the venue for a 'secret gig', which is Satan's Hollow in Manchester.  Frustratingly, this venue seems to have no website (I mean ****...it's 2022!), and they're minimally active on social media.

I have reached out to them via a message and will try and find an email address to pester too, but I was wondering if anyone either has experience of this venue, or knows of a site that might have venue info listed?  I've looked on AccessAble.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @kymbogs and welcome to the community, thanks for joining! I'm afraid I can't help answer your question as I have no knowledge of the venue, and I'm unfortunately not local to Manchester.

To help our members find your post, I've marked it as unanswered, perhaps with luck, someone can tell you a bit more about the Satan's Hollow :)

I really hope you're able to go, a 'secret gig' sounds like a lot of fun. If there's anything else we can help with then don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't been to the venue either, @kymbogs, but Licklist appears to have a few of their details listed. I'm not sure how up to date they are, however!

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of information about the accessibility of the venue online, so fingers crossed emailing and messaging them will do the trick. Have you had a reply from them yet?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The only other thing I can suggest is getting in touch with Manchester Tourist Information, as they may be able to help find out for you. I don't think they have a telephone number, but you can email them on visitorinformation@manchester.gov.uk 

I hope this helps @kymbogs :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kymbogs
    kymbogs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Not sure where you’re searching but…

Yeah I found their social media, but they don't have a website...and their social media says very little, nothing about accessibility.  Very little on Tripadvisor too.

I've been spoiled by the last couple of venues I've been to where they had ALLL the info just there ready to see, including how many stairs there were, which floors toilets were on, all sorts.  So it was a bit disappointing to see nothing. 

Luckily they have replied just in time.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kymbogs said:
    Not sure where you’re searching but…

Yeah I found their social media, but they don't have a website...and their social media says very little, nothing about accessibility.  Very little on Tripadvisor too.

I've been spoiled by the last couple of venues I've been to where they had ALLL the info just there ready to see, including how many stairs there were, which floors toilets were on, all sorts.  So it was a bit disappointing to see nothing. 

Luckily they have replied just in time.
    That's good to hear, I hope you enjoy the gig! Who is playing? 

I've not been to that venue in the past myself, so unfortunately can't provide any insight. My ventures to Manchester for shows have mainly taken me to the Apollo, O2 Academy, The University Union and the arena.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.