If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Weighted bracelets for essential tremors

Options
JoRP
JoRP Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, my neurologist has suggested I use weighted bracelets to help lessen the tremor. I bought wrist weights usually for the gym and although they are heavy, they have helped with using cutlery at dinner. I am left handed and I have had to learn to use my right hand to eat my dinner and it is not ideal. I have seen that Etsy sell weighted bracelets, they are much prettier than a wrist weight though pricey. Has anyone used weighted bracelets and do they help? Recommendations would be most helpful, thank you.

Comments

• Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there @JoRP,
    I don't have any experience with this myself, so I hope that somebody else will answer you soon, but I have been doing lots of research online since first seeing your post and I lost count of how many positive reviews there were. I'm glad that the equipment you've got already has been helpful when using cutlery, that's great news!
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.