Hi, my name is morose! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is morose!

Options
morose
morose Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Do I have to send sick notes to PIP every time one runs out.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    You don't need any fit/sick notes to claim PIP. You will need fit notes for either ESA or Universal Credit if you've reported a health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @morose

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post :)

As @poppy123456 stated, you do not need to provide sick notes to claim PIP. I was just wondering if you meant to mention one of the other benefit schemes, such as ESA or Universal Credit instead?
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • morose
    Options
    Yes I did mention ESA,I spoke to someone there who told me I did not need to send any further sick notes,could it have been the one my partner is receiving,I believe its the higher amount.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    morose said:
    Yes I did mention ESA,I spoke to someone there who told me I did not need to send any further sick notes,could it have been the one my partner is receiving,I believe its the higher amount.

If your partner has been placed into either of the groups then no further fit notes will be needed. However, if your partner is claiming New style ESA and they've been placed into the work related activity group then this is only paid for 1 year and then payments stop.
    Support Group payments continue for as long as you remain in that group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • morose
    Options
    It is the support group he's in,thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then no fit notes are needed for ESA and PIP.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.