If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Thank you Poem to Mind Charity

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,554 Disability Gamechanger

@Ross_Scope

I appreciate your kind words about my poem @Ross_Scope I have emailed thank you to the Mind Chairy because the help they gave me 

Thank you  poem to Mind Charity 

1. One day I started feeling stressed and depressed and was not able to rest.

2. And I was feeling the best. 

3. There were nights I cried myself to sleep.

4. That was till I was able to speak to a councillor at Mind Charity

5. Who started getting my thinking more positive outlook on life.

6. Then one day, I started to express my feelings and emotions through poetry writing

7. Which started fantastic joy in my heart again.

8. This renting a flame in my heart

9. I started to bring many smiles to other peoples faces through my poetry writing.

10. Which started giving me a sense of pride.

11.  I started rising from my knees again

12. I am now starting to feel ten. 

13. Now I started my day by writing an exciting new poem of my own 

14. As I am in a good headspace now.

15. I use my blank page as a canvas to express my poetry

16. Which know to take a long road to learn the craft of poetry writing.

17. I started watching youtube videos to learn some techniques to improve poetry writing.

18.  I started to make my poetry writing rhyme after some time

19. I started to shine a light on topics close to my heart, through poetry work.

20.  I stop lurking in others shadows

21. As I started following my dreams

22. There are days I feel like screaming when things don’t quite go right for me

23. I started to use my failures as a learning experience.

24.  Which has started in a glorious position.

25.  I started with a vision.

26. I knew it would not be a given that I would succeed straight away.

27.  My poetry writing started opening doors to new opportunities.

28. As I started writing positive poems about living with cerebral palsy.

29. As I started to inspire others people with disabilities to follow their dream.

30. I have started campaigning for change for people with disabilities through my poetry.

31.   As I started getting people thinking 

32. I started to stop people from sinking by lending a hand 

33. I started giving back to the charities that have been a big part of my life 

34. As the sun rises every morning.

35. I started by thinking about how I can help someone less fortunate than myself.

36. I started writing poems for different charities and setting up just giving pages for people who want help with the cause.

37. I even started a visual round of applause from family and friends for trying to help others.

38. As I started to smother negative thoughts from my head.

39. This has led to positive change in my life

40. As I am on the crest of the wave

41. I started to believe in my ability

42. I started having rebound agility to get off the mat.

43. I started looking out the window when writing my poetry.

44.  I started writing poems about nature.

45. I started to get the feeling of nostalgia whilst writing.

46. My poetry writing started to capture many people's senses.

47. Which kind words to thoughts who read my poetry work.

48. As started to smirk smile upon my face as I learnt a poetry writing style

49. I started to perfect the style of writing on poetry.

50. I started to be unlighted through different ways of writing poetry

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Awww, how lovely of you @Globster. I am sure they will really appreciate that. Thanks for continuing to spread your wonderful writing and kindness. Keep shining  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    It's great that you've contacted Mind @Globster - I'm sure they will love to hear your poem/feedback :)
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,554 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    Thank you your words are so kind about my poem
    I hope you are well  are having a wonderful day@L_Volunteer?
     :) 
    Libby_Scope I appreciate your kind words too I hope you are well and are a wonderful day too @Lbby_Scope? :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are very welcome @Globster. Kind words are the least you deserve. I am well and having a wonderful day thank you. How are you today?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    I am fantastic thank you L_Volunteer :)    

• Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster,
    Just wanted to say that I particularly liked this line: "I stopped lurking in others' shadows, as I started following my dreams". Keep it up :)
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Danielle_2022
    I appreciate your kind words on the poem
    I hope you are well and having a wonderful day @Danielle_2022? :)

• Globster
    Options

I just received this response from Mind Charity 

Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your poem. It’s a lovely gesture, and it's great to hear you have benefitted from Minds services.

If you would like, you are welcome to post your poem on Facebook and tag Mind platforms and use the hashtag #FightForMH to join in and spread the conversation: : Mind on FacebookMind on TwitterMind on Instagram for our followers to see.

If you are interested in sharing your story and experiences, we do have a small platform called Blog for Mind, where you can submit your blog and we’ll review and let you know if we can publish it. However, we often get far more requests than we can publish or respond to. Unfortunately, that means that we are not always able to publish posts or provide feedback. The best place to submit something would be via this page > https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/your-stories/blog-for-mind/

You might also like to have a look at the ‘media volunteers’ section of the Mind website which gives you full details on how to use your story to help Mind spread the word about the issues around mental health > www.mind.org.uk/get-involved/volunteering-participating/become-a-media-volunteer/

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Mind. If there is anything else we can help with, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

I hope you have a lovely rest of the week.

Best wishes,

Olivia Conneely

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great @Globster what a lovely email from Olivia at Mind as well :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.