Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is teiganrehanne!

Options
teiganrehanne
teiganrehanne Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2022 in Start here and say hello!
I am a 25 year old single mother to my only child, 2 year old boy, JJ who has recently been diagnosed with Autism. 

I am very new to the world of parenthood, and extremely new to the world of Autism. I’m here to find advice to help me through the difficult days and hopefully form friendships. 

Thank you x
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I suggest you look in our parents and carers section there is a programme I think it's called navigate to support patents through the journey 

Hope you enjoy bring part of the forum there are lots 9f members here with the same condition to help 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @teiganrehanne

Welcome to Scope’s forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? I am glad to see @janer1967 and @Teddybear12 have already provided you with some wonderful support.

I was wondering if you would like to expand on how you are currently finding things? It sounds like a nervous time for you and your family at the moment with some uncertainties too.

Is there any advice you are looking for in particular? We have lots of families here with children and young people with autism, as well as autistic people (including me!).  We would be more than happy to support you through this difficult time.

You can also form friendships with many of our wonderful community members. To start friendships, would you like to tell us more about your hobbies and interests? It is always great to get to know you even more!  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @teiganrehanne thanks for joining today, and reaching out in the community. 

I can encourage you to take a look at both our Autism and neurodiversity and Children, parents and families categories to find discussions you might like to join in with, or just browse through for support.

Scope also has a number of Family Services which could help support you, including Parents Connect which I hope is useful for you. 

I can understand you must be feeling pretty overwhelmed, hopefully the community here can be a place for emotional support, and to vent as well if needed, which is also important!

Let us know if you've got any other questions in the meantime :)

Alex 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.