autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

autism

Options
mariaclare
mariaclare Community member Posts: 6 Listener
my son was diagnosed with autism in 2021 he was referred for it in 2019.but was diagnosed with learning difficulties.global developmental delay.. and sensory seeking disorder.. his school has known evreything about him.in september after he was diagnosed the dr said she would be sending 2 reports to our home and 1 was for school explaining what they have to do to support him.with education.as he was known to be a child with additional needs ...for 5 months they have not given his teacher or ta the report so they can work  with him and his needs now hes struggling lashing out throwing himself on the floor.throwing chairs in the classroom.. when he first started school it was during covid where vunrable kids went to school.. there was 8/10 kids including him . now theres 27 kids.. in his report it says to do one 2 one with him.put him in smaller groups.. its not being done . i dont know what to do with him .. should i take him out or what should i do

Comments

• mariaclare
    mariaclare Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
  • hedgio
    hedgio Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi Mariaclaire  does your son have an 'education health care plan,'  which is purely to set out his educational needs and would be reviewed by the local authority ?  If not this would be your way forward.  They are the responsibility of your local authority special educational needs (SEND) department,  thus essential the route fir our son with Autism. Good luck 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.