Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I believe I'm eligible for an extra bedroom due to my care needs. Does anyone have any advice?
Hi, I’m new here and I’m hoping someone can help me out?
I am in receipt of Higher rate pip both components.
I live in a 2Bed House with my two children both boys and under 11.
I have recently been refused a mutual exchange into a 3 bed property on the grounds that I will be significantly under occupying the property.
I require a 3bed house as I depend on regular over night stays from my carer and it is not practical for my children to be sharing a room with my carer!
As far as I am aware I am eligible for an extra bedroom as I have care needs.
Is there anyone in this situation or been in it before that can give me any advise please it would be much appreciated!
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.6K Coffee lounge
- 42 Games room
- 428 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 612 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 819 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions