Fibromyalgia and severe arthritis in knees and hip and grand mal seizures — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia and severe arthritis in knees and hip and grand mal seizures

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
Hi my name is Ashley 

I have the physiotherapist coming today I have fibromyalgia severe arthritis trapped nerve carpal tunnel  they give me a  gutter frame one I first used  I was unable to walk due to the severe pain I am having everyday  that Had  broken on me after  several years of users then they give me a Walker witch as left me  very swllone hip knees I can't bear weight down on my legs my occupational therapist got involved because the physiotherapist was not listening to me and causing the problems that I'm having now  I can't even put my feet down to the floor I'm in a wheelchair at the moment and I've had one being sent over from the equipment people in Aberdeen I'm not happy about this  physiotherapist because he's the cause of my problems and me going backwards instead of forwards I don't know if anyone can give me any advice  on where to go from here with him but I just don't like him and I don't want to speak to him  , I am having at least 2 grand mal seizures a day now due to the pain I'm in , that's  what's   trigger's  my  seizures and my doctors as  up my medication to try get me to level out so he is causing me a lot of problems
Ajones 

Comments

• Ashvinney
    Options
    He never showed up he said there no point till I get my gutter frame my OT well not be happy about this , my GP referred me to the physio and the occupational therapy I have ask for different physio 
    Ajones 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That must be disappointing @Ashvinney I'm sorry to hear about that.

Let your OT know what's happened tomorrow, and see if you can find out when you're due to get your gutter frame, if you don't know already. That way you can have a date to prepare for :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Yes I have left message for her as she not in office on Wednesday hopefully it be sorted it's. Getting so frustrating  , 
    Ajones 
  • Ashvinney
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Good morning just updated fall last night was taken to hospital My hip pushed out of socket and my knees are very sore , I am so anger with this physio he caused the problems that I'm in now with making me walk on  walk where my arthritis is now is getting that bad again  I can't walk on my lages the fall last night as me  resting in bed for next 2weeks stronger pain relief 
    Ajones 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ashvinney said:
    Good morning just updated fall last night was taken to hospital My hip pushed out of socket and my knees are very sore , I am so anger with this physio he caused the problems that I'm in now with making me walk on  walk where my arthritis is now is getting that bad again  I can't walk on my lages the fall last night as me  resting in bed for next 2weeks stronger pain relief 
    Sorry to hear about the fall, hopefully you manage to recover soon and that resting helps, we are all here to support you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ashvinney
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi guys update  having injections in my knees , very painful but hopefully give me some relief and it my help to get me mobile again still waiting on chair to come and gutter frame but physio here  next week to help me with some  exercises so it's just try and see what works 
    Ajones 
  • Alexander13
    Alexander13 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    Get yourself another physio. When I was first diagnose I went for 4 sessions.  Each time I spoke to the bloke and asked if he had reviewed my X-rays. He told me he didn’t need to as manipulation was important. He was the professional so I endured escrutiating pain. Anything to help me feel better. 

When I saw the osteophysio consultant and I told him. He said that must have been agony why on earth would he manipulate you when it was bone on bone. 

Don’t be frightened to challenge professionals as like everyone they are not always right. 
  • Ashvinney
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I have spoken with the physio department, I  said I do not wish to have him come to see me  or have anything to do with my treatment ,   it we'll be a  women coming to see me wen's day for my exercises 
    Ajones 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.