Pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain

Options
Nicetomeetyou22
Nicetomeetyou22 Community member Posts: 1,880 Pioneering
Good Morning everyone I hope your all OK I haven't slept all night I think my osteoarthritis has spread to my hip and leg it's very painful it hurts to walk 

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning @Nicetomeetyou22,

I'm sorry to hear that you've woken up with a lot of pain - have you mentioned this to your GP today? It might be worthwhile updating them and seeing what they can offer you support wise :)

I hope the pain eases a little bit and you can take some time to rest today.
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @Libby_Scope no point in speaking to doctor about it as I'm already on dihydrocodiene for pain relief I'm on a waiting list to start having injections instead of going through the rest of my life in tablets as I have alot of diff tablets to take everyday I'm like a walking chemist haha 😄 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Nicetomeetyou22 good morning sorry you have been in pain hope you can take it bit easy today 

We have good news toby tested negative today so if same tomorrow can go back to school he is still full of cold symptoms but feeling lot better . I also feel on the mend 
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @janer1967 I'm pleased Toby tested negative I hope he's back to normal soon and that you have a lovely day 💗 💛 
  • smokey18
    smokey18 Scope Member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    @Nicetomeetyou22 - hi I just wanted to say, hat I do empathise with you as I too suffer with pain in my hip, back and leg and ankle. Right now I am exeriencing pain in my neck. 
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @smokey18 sorry to hear your in pain 😞  I suffer with osteoarthritis it started in my right shoulder then into my hands now its in my hip and leg knees and ankle the doc has me on dihydrocodiene for pain relief but it doesn't work very well I also have a small cyst on my brain I do hope you are OK 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good evening @Nicetomeetyou22

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing more pain. How difficult! I hope you find some relief soon. At least enough relief that you can get some more sleep  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @L_Volunteer thank you for your support means alot I hope you are OK 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are more than welcome @Nicetomeetyou22. Support is the very least you deserve. How are you today? I am well thank you!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • smokey18
    smokey18 Scope Member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    I am in a lot of pain today. I  visited my GP today and he has increased my pain medication and said he said that he will refer me to the pain clinic as well as to receive physio therapy.  
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    What painkillers are you on? I'm on a waiting list for injections physio therapy didn't work for me but everyone's different hope you're OK today 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    smokey18 said:
    I am in a lot of pain today. I  visited my GP today and he has increased my pain medication and said he said that he will refer me to the pain clinic as well as to receive physio therapy.  
    So glad to see you smokey - pain clinic's can be very helpful and supportive hope you don't have to wait long - but at least something is happening in the back ground for you.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Morning @Nicetomeetyou22 hows the pain this morning x
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @SueHeath morning my lovely hope you are OK pain is okish had my painkillers I'm just doing housework b4 my son goes hospital with his dad then I'm going to pick my youngest up at 11.15am take him into town I fan y new rug lol 😆 💙  plus gotta grab myself the rest of my monthly clothes toiletries for whole family xxx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    Fancy I mean lol 😆  xx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Bizzi as ever ha ha - glad your getting there bab - have a good day its no good me telling you to take it easy because i don't think you'l listen ha ha x
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @SueHeath I'm always busy darling lol if I don't stay busy I over think things like what happend in my childhood etc I'm waiting to see a therapist but there's a years waiting list but I'll get there I always do have a lovely day I'm whatever you have planned 😀  xxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.