Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PIP MR PHONE CALL HELP

Options
AES19
AES19 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I submitted a MR back in august as was 2 points short of enhanced mobility which I felt I should of been awarded. This was only dealt with after I rang over 30+ times. To be told they had lost my paperwork but not to worry they’d do it over the phone, 10 weeks later (Friday just gone) somebody phoned to ask a few questions about what I was disputing and was told I’d hear back within 10 days. I called today to be told a decision was made and to wait for the letter! I’m so anxious, if unsuccessful does anyone have any tips with taking to tribunal? If I was successful when would I be expecting back pay? Ty in advance x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,483 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If successful then any money owed would go into your bank 3-5 working days from when it’s paid. Usually money is received before the letter. 
    If the decision doesn’t change then post back here and someone will help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AES19
    Options
    If successful then any money owed would go into your bank 3-5 working days from when it’s paid. Usually money is received before the letter. 
    If the decision doesn’t change then post back here and someone will help you further.
    Thanks x
  • AES19
    Options

Hi I had a letter today that they are upholding original rewards of enhanced care, and standard mobility. Please can anyone help appeal to tribunal, I have no idea what to say when writing online!!!

• poppy123456
    Options

May i ask where exactly you scored the points for mobility? and why do you think you should have been awarded Enhanced?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • AES19
    Options

Hi I scored 10 for moving around. . And I scored 0 for planning and following a journey - which is what I’m mainly disagreeing with. I have to be accompanied due to pain struggle to walk and I suffer from panic attacks when pain arises to the point my body doesn’t move with what I’m trying to make it do, so I freeze and can’t walk or do anything and start panicking if I was to be on my own ( which happened once and now I have never been out without someone with me ) I also have bad anxiety because of this. therefore how can I plan and follow a route of journey unaided??

• poppy123456
    Options

i'm not convinced you will score any points here under following and planning a journey.

This activity is designed for limitations on mobility deriving from mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments, whereas activity 12 is generally designed for limitations from physical problems. Cognitive impairment includes orientation (understanding of where, when and who the person is), attention, concentration and memory. Any issues with the ability to stand and then move are not applicable under activity 11, but under activity 12.

Others may comment and give their thoughts.

• AES19
    Options

So what about my anxiety? Meaning I can not function properly with someone with me half of the time let alone by myself- I do not go anywhere without promoting and accompanied. I also suffer panic attacks whilst I’m out and have cancelled numerous appointments because of this

• AES19
    Options

I lodged an appeal around an hour ago. And I have just received a missed call from DWP. Any ideas what could be for? I’m anxious even more now as I missed it!!

• poppy123456
    Options

It will depend on the reasons why you need someone to be with you when you go out.

With regards to the phone call, we can't tell you what that could be about.

• Christianuk
    Christianuk Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Hi all  i have done a MR letter and recieved that they will look into my MR on the 13th feb 2024 just after 2pm recieved 2 phone calls 15 minutes apart  i ger a random call 0800 last 061 ending  i was in a panic mode and and short of breath the assesor asked few questions 
    Such as  looking into my MR specificly on ( activity 12 planing  a journey ) on mobility part explaining my difficulties.and not intending to drive unless noone can drive me due to the pains and my severe depression
    Then she qsked abour naming my bank 
    And asked me about my condition
     Then she also asked how do i get to the doctors  which explained i get droped off by brother in law and my partner comes with me for my asdurance and help that i need 
     Second call
    Asked me.abiur my gp adderess  which i clearly havent changed and they have the old gp details 

Lastly she told me.decission will be made in 10 days

Has anyone else had similsr issue and ehat was the outcome .am worried and in shock lack of sleep as not sure if i covered all details as some i details i forgot to mention  due to the panic i forget things 

Would really appreciate  if anyone experienced would be great to share 

Thanks 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.