I thought I owed £16 for a budgeting loan, but I only received £150. Is there anything I can do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I thought I owed £16 for a budgeting loan, but I only received £150. Is there anything I can do?

Options
chrismclellan77
chrismclellan77 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Good morning 🌄, 
I have been waiting for my work capability asisment now since February last year. I finally got it and the rebate was 1.450 ? 
I only thought I owed £16 for a budgeting loan ? But I only received £150  is there anything I can do to challenge it ,? 
Because if I had been paid it when I was entitled to it (hate that word.) 
I would still only been paying the amount I was paying ? If that makes any sense lol 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon @chrismclellan77 welcome to this great group - I'm sorry no one as answered you yet, but i am sure you will be greeted by some of the others soon, a lot of us just pop in and out of the site during the day.

I am sorry but i am not able to comment on what you are asking, but i'm sure some of the others will be able to help.

If you've had chance to look around go into categories.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I would contact the debt management dept to find out what they have made the deduction for 9f you don't agree with the amount they have taken 

Unfortunately if you do owe dwp then they can deduct any debt from backpay 
  • GMBoxSMG2
    GMBoxSMG2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good morning 🌄, 
    I have been waiting for my work capability asisment now since February last year. I finally got it and the rebate was 1.450 ? 
    I only thought I owed £16 for a budgeting loan ? But I only received £150  is there anything I can do to challenge it ,? 
    Because if I had been paid it when I was entitled to it (hate that word.) And I took right now another loan money 💸 via internet, I hope everything will be ok.
    I would still only been paying the amount I was paying ? If that makes any sense lol 

I think that you need to contact debt manager to find out what have you done wrong and where you could get a support that will tell you how to fix this problem
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    GMBoxSMG2 said:
    Good morning 🌄, 
    Because if I had been paid it when I was entitled to it (hate that word.) And I took right now another loan money 💸 via internet, I hope everything will be ok.

I think that you need to contact debt manager to find out what have you done wrong and where you could get a support that will tell you how to fix this problem

This thread is from 5 months ago so hopefully the person has now sorted out the issue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that @GMBoxSMG2 :) Have you contacted a debt manager before? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • GMBoxSMG2
    GMBoxSMG2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that @GMBoxSMG2 :) Have you contacted a debt manager before? 
    no)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.