POST 16 EHCP missed by LA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

POST 16 EHCP missed by LA

Options
Sem
Sem Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 2022 in Education
Hello, I have been trying to contact the LA to work on ensuring my daughters' post 16 EHCP is suitable.  They have just engaged last Friday and now asking that if I can agree to the existing plan to be finalised and just the KS 4 to 5 changed then they will get around the table in Early Summer to amend the plan.  Has anyone else been in this situation. I have only just got the last plan finalised in Nov and then had to work to get the provision in place which only happened early this month. Statutory deadline is tomorrow, any urgent advice would be welcome. Cannot get through to sendiass.
Tagged:

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sem

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like a really frustrating situation to be in. Sorry to hear you are experiencing a tough time.

If you agree to the EHCP, you can get it reviewed at least annually but also sometimes sooner depending on how much it is needed. Scope has an article about this for more information which you can find at https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/asking-ehcp-review/.

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you further. We are certainly listening to you and here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sem
    Options
    thank you for your reply. The post 16 is only 2 1/2 days, I asked for help to fill in the other days.  If I agree to leave as it how do I know that this will be looked at and the right provision put in place?

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sem

Thanks for your response. I wish I could provide you with all the answers. However, it will unfortunately largely be up to the discretion of your local authority. You can only really go with what they are saying. You can always appeal it afterwards if you feel it is necessary though  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sem
    Options
    thank you, its just that if it takes them a couple of months to sort this out it and finalise, if we do not agreed we do not have time left to appeal and get in place for start date  :(
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    How are things for you at the moment @Sem? I hope things are better but we are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.