Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

When will I receive payment after WCA Assessment?

Options
beckyrolfe88
beckyrolfe88 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have a question about lcwra my first sick not was the 19th October 2021 I just had a decision from wca and have been awarded was wondering when I would receive payment if any one can help would be really appreciated 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @beckyrolfe88 thanks for posting your question, I've moved it over into our UC category so that our members can advise you more easily, and I've edited the title slightly, hope that's okay :)

I'm not sure of the answer myself, but I know our members are more experienced in this area, so hopefully they can answer soon.

If you have anything else you need let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be either Feb or March depending on the dates of your assessment periods, or when you usually receive you payment each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    I receive my payments on the 9th of every month and got my
    decision letter last week xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means your waiting period is Nov/Dec, Dec/Jan, Jan/Feb. LCWRA starts from AP 3rd Feb - 2nd March and first payment on 9th March. Therefore they owe you 1 months money of £343.63. The LCWRA element will be added to your future payments going forward.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    I didn’t receive any payment on. The 9th march so would I get it in April it’s all so confusing thanks for all you help so far tho x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That was because you didn't have the decision until last week, which was after your payment date. Backdated money is paid separately to your usual payment date. It can often take them a few weeks to pay any money that's owed. Before paying you, they will recalculate your last statement so they can work out exactly how much they owe you.
    Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much money it is. It will then be paid to your bank.
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    Will my payment be different on the 9th even if I haven’t had any back pay yet 
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    Sorry for all the questions 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Your payment on the 9th will include the LCWRA element which is currently £343.63 but don't forget benefits increase slightly in April. The LCWRA element increases to £354.28 in April.
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help I’ll keep you updated 
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    just a Quick question on my statements from July it says at the bottom You have limited capability for work and work-related activity. will I be back dated from then it’s not in my June statement just July up until now 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    just a Quick question on my statements from July it says at the bottom You have limited capability for work and work-related activity. will I be back dated from then it’s not in my June statement just July up until now 
    No, it won’t be backdated to July based on the information you gave because you only sent your fit note in October 2021. 
    Are you claiming UC with a partner that already claims the LCWRA element? If so then you won’t receive the element yourself because you can only receive 1 per claim. 
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    No no one else is on the claim  how comes it’s says that from July tho it’s just confused me that’s all 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You didn't send your first fit note until October so i have no idea why it says from July. Are you sure this was when you sent your first fit note?
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    I’ll double check 
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    I was sending sick notes in July so it’s from July isn’t it 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was sending sick notes in July so it’s from July isn’t it 
    You have LCWRA status from July but you only get paid extra money from four months later which will be November or December depending on exactly what date you reported the health condition in July.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    I have received any payment only had my decision on 24th march 
  • beckyrolfe88
    Options
    I haven’t received I meant 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know that, I was replying to your question about backdating.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.