Universal credit Work Capability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit Work Capability

Options
cjsiwuwuwu
cjsiwuwuwu Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited April 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone I have been told to fill a form for work capability and I did this just after I received my pip award, I filled it on September 2021 it’s now been nearly 7 months and I’ve not receive any update on this benefit anyone help?

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cjsiwuwuwu and welcome to the community :) I hope you're well this evening.

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting so long to hear more, have you contacted anyone about it recently? Or left a note on your journal?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cjsiwuwuwu
    Options
    I have yes numerous times and they have said they haven’t got any update yet, I filled the work capability form and that’s all I’ve done so far and it was about 7 months ago 

• cjsiwuwuwu
    Options
    What happens cos I filled the work capability form questionnaire out do they need to do a telephone assement after o filled that or 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, they will usually do an assessment and there are long waits for these. Numerous threads on the subject on this forum.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cjsiwuwuwu
    Options
    So they shall be a backdate from when I first sent the work form out 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So they shall be a backdate from when I first sent the work form out 
    If found to have LCWRA then there’s a full 3 month waiting period. The extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. It’s not paid at all during the waiting period. 
    If found to have LCW there’s no extra money. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.