Need advocacy support 😔😩 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advocacy support 😔😩

sunset_bee
sunset_bee Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, hope you are all well , I’m In need of some support or advice, I have a hidden disability. ( Chronic Fibromyalgia) And other medical conditions.

Long story short…. A Local council housed me in unsuitable accommodation ( short private rented sector) . they were aware of my disabilities as it was all documented down.. the case worker on my case didn’t do anything to help me.

Which makes me angry thinking about it. This has caused me a lot of distress and worsening overall health , mental health and mobility. Because I cannot manage stairs. I can’t easily and safely leave the front . I am mentally exhausted because of this. I have a 16 month old son who is my number one priority. 

It’s unfair 

I’ve been ignored for months by the council. I Sent so many emails and tried everything I could to tell them!!

I complained and sent evidence of me seeking for a review of suitability for months..
 they then agreed….( after they ignored my requests for the first review and rejected it without me knowing ) 

Deadline is 18th April 2022.. for me to send medical documents, statements from third parties / organisations, advocates and my own statements etc……

it’s overwhelming..

I even had to ask landlord to put handrailing in the property because there wasn’t any. 

Any support or advice in any way I will appreciate and be so so grateful,
 thank you
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.