Lady seeks online and telephone friends — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lady seeks online and telephone friends

Options
wiserlady
wiserlady Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi, new here. A lady of 64 who is bright, chatty, friendly, witty, bubbly, looking to make friends with people online and by phone - as housebound and disabled and it gets very lonely.  If you think we could be friends please get in touch with me giving me some info about you.  More about me.  I love dogs and have a wonderful little chihuaha, enjoy films and tv selectively, play on the nintendo switch, read a lot. Thanks for reading this. 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome.  just thinking, there’s a charity befriending telephone service whereby you can join to phone others or to be phoned started by Esther Rantzen.
    https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/

Of course we all are a friendly lot on here so you can have plenty of online friends friends to chat to. 🙂

im,glad you have a pet dog, they’re great aren’t they, do you ever watch dogs behaving badly? A brilliant program imo.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• wiserlady
    wiserlady Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi there, yes know about Silverline but - it is not the same as having a real friend, it's the same as chatting to a nurse now and then.   And the woman who was supposed to ring me every thursday evening never did and always had excuses for being too busy or forgetting to days later, it was obvious she had changed her mind and not that keen, so it was not helpful and upsetting.  I told Silverline about it and instead of understanding it they took me off of their list as if it were my fault.   The idea is to make a friend, not just chat to someone, I can chat to staff and clients at work then.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.