If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

UC LCWRA awarded unsure about everything

Options
Jess57
Jess57 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited April 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I received my letter on my online journal on 16th of April 2022 on saturday after recieving a email saying to accept my commitments to recieved any payments then noticing I had a note on my journal.

Handed in first sick note on thr 20th October 2021 but its backdated sick note to 1st of may. I've been requesting to be reviewed since nov 2020 after starting the process of pip. I started recieveing pip in march. kept being told due to covid no one is doing assessments for LCWRA all in the journal too. Handed in sick notes since.

My assessment period is 25th to 24th

I thought I was due a backdate?

The reason for backdated sick note is I'm struggling alot could find or get the help and couldnt even ring the doctors myself. 

Been receiving uc since may 2020 due loosing my job due really not being fit for work. I've trying overturn assessment made 3 years ago which they said I was LWC only. Felt like I wasnt right but thought should be assessed in the 3 years. Sorry been recieving this cliam since may 2020 been on and off since 2013.... I mean works for few months and on for a year or two being forced to go into another job and suffering.

Can someone help

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    If you were already treated as having LCW and asked to be reassessed in November 2020 and have continuous Fit Notes then the LCWRA status should be backdated to November 2020. However the gap when your Fit Notes were out of date for a period may cause a problem.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jess57

Thanks for making this post. 

I just wanted to touch on what you said about struggling a lot at the moment. I'm sorry to hear that but thank you for telling us, did you receive support to get in touch with your GP?

Also, have you been able to have a conversation with them or anybody else about how much you are struggling to see if you can get any more support?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,181 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Jess57 said:

Handed in first sick note on thr 20th October 2021 but its backdated sick note to 1st of may. I've been requesting to be reviewed since nov 2020 after starting the process of pip.

When you reported a change was there any reason why you didn't send fit notes for that change of circumstances in 2020? This could affect any money that's owed to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Jess57 said:

Handed in first sick note on thr 20th October 2021 but its backdated sick note to 1st of may. I've been requesting to be reviewed since nov 2020 after starting the process of pip.

When you reported a change was there any reason why you didn't send fit notes for that change of circumstances in 2020? This could affect any money that's owed to you.
    I read it as OP provided Fit Notes from November 2020 to May 2021 bud there was then a delay until a further (backdated) Fit Note was provided in October 2021.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Jess57
    Options
    Sorry. Fit note first one handed 20th October 2021 but the sick note was backdated to 1st of may 2021. 

The reason for mentioning in November 2020 was because my mental health has been terrible for the last 4 years. I'm the only person who can speak out get help. I got told I had PTSD 4 years ago and was left in dark and pretty has made me suffer because I'm not sure what to do for myself. So eventually got lwc but even then I felt that was wrong but I can't help myself it takes me long time to do anything. I lack some much in motivation. My home a mess I'm 27 years old and I know this isnt how to live and it's hard trying speak up for myself when something wrong with me. 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    Options
    It may not be backdated to Nov 2020 if you didn't send a fit note at that time. I don't know if they will accept the backdated fit note, i think you'll need to wait for a decision maker to decide on that.
    Did you continue to send fit notes right up until the decision was made, with no gaps?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    Options
    When did you report that your condition had worsened and request a reassessment?
  • Jess57
    Options
    I requested reassessment from Nov 2020 kept telling me due to covid they couldnt then in march 2021 when I started recieveing pip. 

My condition got worse from January 2020 really I'm barely a person now.

No gaps from  20th october 2021 to 16th April 2022 

• Jess57
    Options
    The reason for backdated sick note because I can barely do anything. I have things I need doctors to look at and I havent. I have no help so it's been hard to explain to anyone as I've not seen or spoken to them. I have no one to talk to. Feel very alone most of time so it's been a long time coming because my mental health had to become so bad I dont look after myself very well for them to say oh you have something wrong. When I was mentally the same 3, 4, 10 years ago. Sorry to bother anyone 
  • calcotti
    Options
    It's possible they will calculate back to May 2021 but if you didn't supply any Fit Notes until October 2021 then I think it more likely that the arrears of LCWRA will only run from that date.  Because you already had LCW there will be no waiting period.
  • Jess57
    Options
    I've tried to speak to someone and all I get is that my case manager will get back to me that's been every day since friday just gone. I dont who to speak to? I ring universal credit  4 times and they just say they raise it and get case manager to contact. :/  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It very often takes a few weeks to recalculate your past statements. All you can do is put a message under the payment section to ask about the money they owe you.
  • Jess57
    Options
    Okay thankyou 
  • Jess57
    Options
    Really sorry this is reply I've hosted recieved ...  

As explained previously, you are not due any back payment even though you may have had sicknotes. This is because prior to the LCWRA decision, you was in a no work related group where it was deemed that your condition prevented your from seeking employment but not enough to be getting extra money. After the review it has been decided that you are now entitled to extra payments from the date on the letter.
  • Jess57
    Options
    28 Apr 2022 at 1:00pm
    As explained previously, you are not due any back payment even though you may have had sicknotes. This is because prior to the LCWRA decision, you was in a no work related group where it was deemed that your condition prevented your from seeking employment but not enough to be getting extra money. After the review it has been decided that you are now entitled to extra payments from the date on the letter.
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    Options
    This suggests they are saying that the review was started by DWP, if this is correct then the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which the changes were made.
    If you definitely reported a change of health condition by "reporting a change of circumstances" then they are incorrect to advise you that you're not owe any money. If you sent a fit note from October 2021 then this will be when you'll receive the extra money from because it's very unlikely they will accept the backdated fit note.
    You can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) if you disagree with their decision.
  • Jess57
    Options
    Oh yes it's all in my journal and I had the report change button I had thought he was wrong. How do request a mandatory sorry x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It maybe the late fit note being the reason not to backdate it. If you reported a change of health condition in November 2020 and didn't send a fit note until October 2021 that's almost a year with no fit notes.
    Put the request on your journal and tell them that you disagree with the decision not to backdate the LCWRA element. Tell them you reported a change of health condition but you were delayed sending the fit note and didn't send it until October. 

• Jess57
    Options
    I reported my health with change of health condition after being accepted for pip on 21 march 2021 after asking to be reassessed kept asking I handed in on a off sick notes with gaps. Due to my condition found hard to get help and only till  20th October 2021 was able continuously put in sick notes no gaps. 

Also I've realised I havent been thanking everyone for replying I do apologise I really do appreciate the help thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It should be paid from at least October 2021. All you can do at this stage is to request the MR as advised. Decision times on these are between 2-12 weeks.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.