Hi, my name is ken606! It was gut wrenching to be excluded from the Covid19 Carers Payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ken606! It was gut wrenching to be excluded from the Covid19 Carers Payment

ken606
ken606 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Like everyone else in our position, it was gut wrenching to be excluded from the Covid19 Carers Payment while looking after a disabled relative for the last 2yrs. Those of us who couldn't work reduced to claim Carer's Allowance and without the full support of a pressurised Social Services Care Team, I calculated individually carer's like us saved the Trust £56,000 providing round the clock care 24/7 doing the work of many, not to mention keeping hospital beds empty such was the good care provided.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Hope123
    Hope123 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Was there a covid carers payment?  I'm a carer too (as well as being disabled, for which I haven't attempted to claim just yet) and don't remember anything about it.  I was sent some free hand gel at one point though, later on, through our local carers group. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Hope123 said:
    Was there a covid carers payment?  I'm a carer too (as well as being disabled, for which I haven't attempted to claim just yet) and don't remember anything about it.  I was sent some free hand gel at one point though, later on, through our local carers group. 

This only applied to those living in Wales. You must have been claiming Carers allowance by 31st March 2022.  https://carers.org/news-and-media/news/post/176-welsh-government-announces-500-payment-for-unpaid-carers-in-wales

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.