Had my PiP assessment! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my PiP assessment!

Options
Mrsw22
Mrsw22 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all new here but have read through loads of threads. 

I had my telephone assessment on Tues the 10th May. Next day had the text to say they have received it. I rang up and requested report same day they received it. 

I know it says upto 8 weeks for a decision just so nervous. I feel like I won't get it due to knowing some horror stories of people not being awarded it.

I dont know why I'm writing this I suppose just for a little support.

Thanks for reading.

😀

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Afternoon @Mrsw22 Welcome to our great group.
    I know it's the horrid waiting game now - i'm waiting for mine so trying to put it to the back of my brain. I know that sometimes thats easier said then done.
    If your ready have a look around the site or just come and play with us in the coffee lounge under categories, i do find it a good distraction.
    Needless to say if there is any thing you would like to ask then ask some one is bound to have an answer for you.
  • Mrsw22
    Options
    Thank you both. 😊 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @Mrsw22! We have many members anxiously waiting for their PIP outcomes, so you're not alone in feeling that way. We're a friendly bunch, so you've come to the right place for support :) How did you find the assessment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Mrsw22
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I found the assessment ok, had a few tears about certain bits but other than that ok. 

I had xrays done not long after the assessment so I don't know whether to send the results as more evidence. I find results out tomorrow from the drs. Quite shocked the results came in that quick and dr wants to talk asap about it. 

So many emotions right now. I hope the report comes soon so I sort of know the outcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome 😍
  • Mrsw22
    Options
    So had my results have mild/severe osteoarthritis in hips and knees. Being referred to orthopaedics to dicuss the next steps and pain meds. Should I let them know the update will it change anything.
    My heads abit of a mess so don't know what to do.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,608 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A diagnosis doesn’t change anything because PIP isn’t about a diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.